BYJOLAA is a creative empowerment platform which combines elements of content creation, creative management and personal development for youths and black creatives, and is aimed at encouraging young black writers develop and share their creativity through whatever written medium of expression. BYJOLAA aims to encourage black creatives to not only develop their skills set, but also skyrocket themselves as invaluable to the rest of the world.
At BYJOLAA, the way we work and the people we work with are underpinned by 5 core values:
- Transparency: Our content is raw, vulnerable, real and exciting.
- Resilience: We don’t take no for an answer, and we see rejection and failure as a necessary step on the ladder to success.
- Integrity: We say what we mean and we mean what we say– no beating about the bush.
- Ambition: We strive for excellence in the way we provide content and are constantly developing innovative ideas in content creation.
- Drive: our team is highly motivated and we are always on the lookout for fresh ways to maintain our motivations
Also known as our ‘T.R.I.A.D‘ values
Our Recent Work
Through BYJOLAA, we have created a ‘Being Black’ Series to celebrate black culture and excellence, which features a pool of talented black writers who share their experiences on what it means to be black. This series created a springboard to launch the #ForBlackByBlackInitiative through which we have recently created the ‘Employablity Series’. This features a range of workshops delivered by our Founder, Anjolaoluwa, as well as students and recent graduates, on topics centered around becoming employable and understanding the international labour market from a student perspective.
I AM BYJOLAA.